Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fred Phelps Mocks God

Fred Phelps and the rest of his inbred family members at the Westboro "Baptist" "Church" are planning to picket the funerals of the Amish girls. (I won't link to their press release; too many of you may have just had breakfast.) Phelps thinks that God had those little girls killed because Penn. Governor Ed Rendell made fun of him and his "congregation."

I don't believe that God just reaches out and smites those who displease God. If God did, then Fred Phelps and the knobs at the Westboro "Baptist" "Church" would have been vaporized a long time ago. I suspect that Fred's judgment day will be decidedly unpleasant.

I know that the Amish are nonviolent, but maybe a few longshoremen from Philly might want to picket too. In their own special way.

Seriously, I'm a first amendment absolutist but, in this case, I think a reasonable place, time and manner restriction would put them somehere in Jersey.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Phelps is a nutter. And evil.

Laws regarding the distance and time of protests do not necessarily violate free speech laws, and in the case of Phelps and his band of crazies, are necessary.

I especially like how he picks on the funerals of Amish girls and soldiers to protest his anti-gay agenda. I'd like to see him and his mob show up at Pride Fest or something. Because if you're going to protest, at least do it with people who can fight back.