Friday, July 27, 2007

The Shark jumps

Some readers of this blog may know that, while I have been an adjunct professor at both UWM and Marquette, my day job has been the practice of law - first as a litigation partner at Foley & Lardner and, more recently, as General Counsel for Rite Hite Holding Corporation, an international manufacturer of material handling equipment headquartered in Milwaukee.

That will change next month as I join the faculty at Marquette University Law School on a full time basis. I will, of course, continue to blog, write and be involved on matters of law and public policy. At least for a while, I will continue to counsel Rite Hite on a reduced time basis. Rite Hite is a wonderful company with fantastic ownership. (You should go there for all your dock equipment - especially between now and the end of the year.) The company has been more than understanding with respect to my public activities. I am grateful for the opportunities that they gave me and for the wonderful people I have come to know during my stay there.

Needless to say, I am thrilled to have the chance to spend the day teaching, thinking and writing about the law and issues about which I am passionate. Certainly more work, definitely less pay but tremendous fun. Who needs more?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grats, prof!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Rick, errrrr I mean Mister Perferrer sir.
I've used Rite Hite equipment in my "manual labor" days. I never ever had a fatality using your, errrrr their equipment. No serious dismemberments either.
We need more industrial leaders like Rite Hite, and we certainly need more Law school perfesserers like you. God bless and good luck.
Can the Reddess afford the pay cut?

Dad29 said...

I suspect that the chilluns subject to Prof. E's tender mercies will be better for it.

Thanks for doing this, Rick!

Anonymous said...

This appears to be a move towards your Shepherd side.
I look forward to your views from the ivory tower.

Rick Esenberg said...

The Reddess doesn't get to complain. Her family apparently once owned a whole peninsula in Ireland, but one of her uncles must have lost it in a drunken game of bar dice. The family hasn't much changed.