Sunday, December 02, 2007

Barack is Your Man

Bill Clinton was our first black President, so apparently Barack Obama is left to be our first female Commander in Chief.

He's making a pitch for women. It goes like this.

Women, he said, “can look at a whole series of issues and know, ‘You know what? This guy’s going to fight for us, partly due to biography.’ Because I know what it’s like to be raised by a single mom who’s trying to work and go to school and raise two kids at the same time, doesn’t have any support from the father.

Just two things. First, why does he assume that what women want is a government that will do for them what a man won't. Second, is biography really destiny? I, for example, can make the same claim for a good chunk of my childhood (although my Mom didn't go to school) but Sen. Obama and I aren't exactly political twins.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

He doesn't assume anything.

He reads my blog.

See: http://dad29.blogspot.com/2007/11/womens-vote-more-gummint-spending.html

OK, I stole it from John Lott. But it's still accurate.