Sunday, February 24, 2008

More Sunday boomer indulgence

When I was 8 or so, the first band that I really liked was the Animals. I still have the group's first US album with my drawings on the back. The Animals that I liked - basically a very spare British blues band that more or less covered traditional numbers by people - were mostly over by the end of 1965. The band reshuffled and veered off into psychedelic rock which they did not do well.

But for your Sunday edification, I am offering a version of "Tobacco Road" performed by a later iteration of the group captures much of what I liked (and still like) about the early Animals, although it's a bit tarted up. I pick Tobacco Road because this is, after all, a conservative political blog.





As today's bonus, I can't help buy offer this version of the Animals' ur-hit, House of the Rising Sun, marred a bit by the insertion of annoying karaoke prompts. If you don't know this song, you aren't entitled to sing it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful old video of the Animals (Rising Sun). Thoroughly enjoyed it, Rick, thanks!