Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Presidential Brackets

The President's selections are pretty chalk but, where he departs, he's giving some swing state love.

To us.

And I have to give credit where it's due. He has both Wisconsin and Marquette in the Sweet Sixteen. The former is just following the seeds, but the latter is his most significant departure from chalk. I agree. I think there's even a small chance that Marquette makes it to the Elite Eight.

But I also like UTEP in the Sixteen. Other potential upsets are A & M over Duke and, if you really want a Cinderella run, how about Utah State or even Siena into the Elite Eight? Not going to happen but, if A & M falters, we just know Duke is going to disappoint ....

My Final Four? Kansas, Pitt, Kentucky and Villanova. I agree with the President. Kansas beats Kentucky on Monday night.

No comments: