Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I went to Mexico and all I got was ...

... apparently nothing, but the opportunity to lounge in the shade (German and Irish descent does not add to sun worship) and attend the wedding of my niece, Meggan.

We stayed at Dreams Tulum - about ninety minutes southeast of Cancun. Outside my room, I saw this:



But the Reddess (all Irish) did take in about 13 minutes of sun. The head in the lower left hand corner belongs to my brother-in-law James. The resort was not busy.



My son and daughter-in-law (who actually has some substantial Mexican ancestry)turned themselves into lobsters.

But what does this have to do with law or politics or policy? Did I reflect on whether the reaction to the swine flu was exacerbated by the post-Katrina criticism of the government? Did I wonder whether the wait staff rejoiced in the idea of our new President Obama? Did think about the relationship between Mexico's authoritarianism and its poverty?

Not so much.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

A lot of people I know are in Baja this week. I'll report if they bring back unusual stuff like H1N1 or 7.62x39s from an AK