Monday, March 20, 2006

Together we will stand every boy, girl, woman man (and other)

Apologies to Canned Heat.


Oregon State will modify its admission forms to permit students to select "male," "female" or write in some other choice. According to Angi Baxter, executive director of the OSU student government's Queer Affairs Task Force, this will allow everyone to express "exactly who they think they are." I am glad we are insisting on precision.

Having accomplished this, the task force is moving on to get "gender inclusive" bathrooms in every building on campus for those who can use neither the men's or women's room because they are neither.

This reminds me of a story I heard recently about an organization of cross dressing transsexuals. Who would belong to such a group?

People who realize that they have made a mistake.

What I am is what I am
Are you what you are or what?

- Edie Brickell & New Bohemians

H/T: Townhall, via Alliance Defense Fund.

3 comments:

Billiam said...

Man, how far we've fallen..

Anonymous said...

Bisexual student?
How about BIG FOOT. It has been seen in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is ever-permeating in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS S3)