Saturday, August 02, 2008

Blogging Problems

Blogger locked my site for a few days because it's robots thought it was a spam blog. I suspect that some around here might agree. I also understand that folks who use IE 7 are unable to open sites that have installed sitemeter. You can apparently resolve that by adding *://*.sitemeter.com to your restricted site (under tools/internet options/security/restricted websites/websites). The other option is for the blog to remove sitemeter although I'm not entirely sure how to do it. I can remove it from my layout but what about old pages? First, I have to decide whether to stay with Blogger.

2 comments:

Terrence Berres said...

"The other option is for the blog to remove sitemeter although I'm not entirely sure how to do it. I can remove it from my layout but what about old pages?"

If it's removed from your layout, it won't be in any page produced from that layout. (You can always save the removed code in a text file to put back if there's any unexpected problem.)

"First, I have to decide whether to stay with Blogger."

What might you have in mind that you can't do with Blogger?

steveegg said...

Come to the WordPress light, Rick :-)

Seriously, if you do decide to move to WordPress (either the free and somewhat-limited .com version or the full-featured, paid-hosting version), and you need help, let me know.