Thursday, January 26, 2006

Shark and Shepherd on the Air

I'll be on Eric Von's "Backstory" segment tonight,(WMCS-1290; 4:30 pm - 6:00), a sort of "news in review" segment. I've been doing it for a few months and enjoy it. Having shamelessly promoted myself, graciousness requires I give a plug for Eric who I both like and respect (and not just because he lets me bloviate on his air). While I disagree with Eric on a lot of things (for all I know, he thinks I'm a crazy wing nut), he runs a very good show. It has its own slant, but Eric will invite just about anyone to come on the air (Shark may be exhibit A for that proposition) and treat them professionally. His show focuses on issues and perspectives that are particularly attractive within the African American community (all stations must honor their demographic), but it doesn't hurt for conservatives like me to listen to and engage that. If you driving around during drive time, tune in every once in a while.

2 comments:

John McAdams said...

I was on his show too -- discussing the death penalty, which is a hot button issue for some black activists (but not for rank and file black folks, necessarily).

My impression was the same as yours. Eric is civil and professional. It's not in the least a hostile environment for a conservative, notwithstanding that Eric might personally disagree with you.

The Badgerland Conservative said...

I will take up your suggestion to listen to Eric's show. I only know of him from his appearances on Belling & Company. Like Mordecai Lee, one of Mark's other liberal panelists, Eric is someone I can listen to, even if I disagree with them.