Monday, May 22, 2006

Expetives deleted

The Journal Sentinel has taken up the cause of cuss control. I do not publish unexpurgated profanities on this blog. One should not assume that this means my own speech is cuss-free. If the poll that the paper cites is accurate, I use the "f-word" more than 92% of you. The Reddess' family thinks I taught her to swear like a sailor. That may be, although if so, it is the only way in which she resembles a sailor. My own view of profanity is that you must know when you can and when you can't.

And here - on this blog - no f*****g way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not unexpurating (or maybe not?). I experienced more than enough profanities during my time in the Army (middle sixties) to suite me for the rest of my life. Cuss-free communication is a distinguishing feature, although I must confess my thought process finds profanity appropriate at times.