Friday, May 26, 2006

Shark gets off high horse

The Reddess tells me that, on the radio yesterday, I was a bit too cavalier about MATC instructors earning an average of $ 90,000 which is more than the average tenured faculty member at UW. My point is that a tenured professor at a major university is generally regarded as more accomplished in his or field than an instructor at a technical college. The job is harder to get, you have to be published, etc.

But that doesn't mean that technical college instructors aren't smart people. Maybe some of them should be tenured professors at a major university. Maybe some don't want to. My point was only that, taking both groups as a whole, something is wrong here.

So for the four people who both heard me on the radio and read this blog, if any of you are technical college instructors, I apologize. I meant no offense.

No comments: