Thursday, February 09, 2006

McBride on the Air

Since I have been out sick (translation: trying to work at home while barking like a two-pack-a-day seal), I got to hear that Jessica McBride will be taking over for Mark Reardon and hosting a talk show on TMJ from 8 -11. That's not surprising. (Karen From Mequon: I called it first.) Good for her.

What I hope (and which, based on her comments this morning, there is every reason to expect) is that she will contribute a distinctive voice to conservative talk radio. The emphasis on the backstory in what she does makes her take interesting.

It'll be interesting to see how that plays out on (later) night radio. My sense is that it might work well because, I assume, there are fewer casual listeners who have the radio on while working or getting in and out of the car.

On the other hand, as a media critic, I'm a pretty good lawyer. (KFM: I'll say!)

1 comment:

Rick Esenberg said...

She has never done anything, but she might some day.